Monday, March 20, 2006

Killer Waves

No, not the tsunami, it is the splintering heat.

If the heat can kill, well, it can, I would have been slaughtered for the umpteen times. It's soooooooo hot!

The UV rays are invading us from all angles, and I need to apply sunblock even when I'm in the comfort of my humble sanctuary. I can feel the heat radiating through the windows. Luckily, the curtains are thick enough to block out certain degree.

Now, what does one do to cool down?

Drink tonnes of ice water
Take cold shower, numerous times
Blast the air-con at high speed, with the fan switch on as well
Take siesta, and forget the heat
Forget all earthly clothes, behind closed doors, please
Plunge yourself into the pool, although it is like onsen

Any other suggestion(s)?

3 comments:

Eve said...

热吗?还好啦!真的很热时,把头发绑起来再冲个冷水澡,穿件轻松的衣服就行了。

Edwin said...

It has been so cold here last week. I dun think I can live in a country without four seasons. I missed snowfall.
Edwin

christina said...

The weather cooled down after I wrote the post. Stupid weather...

I want snow too, but I'm afraid of the coooold.....brrrgh....