Monday, April 24, 2006

My Travelling Barang Barang

There is no way for me to travel light. In fact, it is near impossible :P.

True to my roots, I am very very super kiasu. Would rather overpacked/overbrought than to forget to bring any item. Not even a toothbrush. Thus, I'd definitely have a check list. Well, mine ain't to the extent of a few pages, just a page, listing from the stuff I need for my hair to the shoes I wear =), including the stuff I need to pack for my Significant Other.

Preparation of the check list can commence weeks prior to the trip. Okay, you can say I'm crazy, but this is called insurance. Depending on where I'm travelling to, will plan and mix my wardrobe for the trip, just like going for a fashion show :). I even go to the extent of matching my Significant Other's clothes with mine =). With this on hand, I need not have to think what I'm gonna to wear and how to mix and match, and that saves lots of trouble during the trip itself.

Other than clothing, the next important item will be those bottles. Yes, bottles. Bottles which said to contain my skin care regime, body care regime, contact lenses regime and what-have-you. With an increasing ardent passion for my skin care regime, that translates to more bottles to bring along. Although I pack travel-size bottles, they can add up to huge quantity and mass. No kidding.

So, with all these bottles to pack, there is one thing I cannot do without -- pouches, which come in all sizes. You name it, I have it :). Oh, I even have a 1st aid kit pouch, just for all those medicine. Over the years, I've collected a number of pouches, and family and friends who come to know of this passion of mine, will always give travelling pouches to me as souvenir. I especially like those from Tokyo Disneyland. They are so colourful and cute.

Now, with so many number of pouches to load, the weight of our luggage is the same, regardless of where we're going to. Yes, even a short trip over the weekend. My Significant Other just commented the same during our last trip :). Well, I can't help it although am trying to travel minimal. I guess this is one habit which dies hard. Plus, I'd rather be safe than sorry, so cannot simply immolate any item.

With such impeccable pre-travel planning, the aftermath is I need to unpack all these pouches after the trip, including tonnes of souvenirs bought. Very pai seh to say this, but I really hate unpacking. Hence, always need to have my Significant Other to download everything from the luggages, then I'll clear each pounch and bag one after another. The reason? I can't stand so many pounches lying around, so I will clear them, no matter what. Weird, huh?

Well, that's the fun and joy of travelling, eh.....minus the unpacking :P. Can't wait for the next round of pre-travel planning. Ha......

3 comments:

Eve said...

旅游是快乐的,收拾是痛苦的。但是没有痛苦就无法享受快乐,人生是极端的吧!

以前旅行的时候也常常收拾很多能够配搭的服饰,现在比较实际,希望一条牛仔裤能穿上10天,或是一条裙子能穿上5天,越简单越好。得带的当然非带不可,不是很需要的,能免则免。

人,是不是要到了一定的年龄,或是经过一些过程,才懂得舍弃、放下、不伪装、真实的面对自己?

christina said...

冬天旅游才够力。配搭服饰的功力得出尽,那么拍出来的照片才不会千篇一律。不过好处是一条牛仔裤可以穿上10天 =)。

爱美,与舍不舍得没有关系吧?

舍得,是一个思维,一个心态,一个过程。

Eve said...

爱美,就是不舍得不爱美,是一种心态吧!放不下的一种心态。