Wednesday, May 03, 2006

昭告的后果

Ever since I annouced my wish/urge/plan for retirement, the one and only response is...you've guessed it: surprise.

Hmm...I am not a workaholic, so if I plan to retire now, it should not have drawn so much astonishment from people who really know me. Come to think of it, no one supports the idea! This is ludicrous, do you not think so???

My girlfriends go: "Why do you wanna retire?", "Are you sure you wanna do that?", "What are you gonna do after you retire?", "It will be boring, you know.", etc, etc. I got the gist :(.

No, I'm not swayed by their unsupportive gesture, but never expect such response when I made known to the world, on impulse. So, I ask my Significant Other, again, what he thinks of this idea of mine.

“我举双手双脚赞成!” He says. He is definitely for it coz he thinks my daily living ain't disciplined, or rather, topsy turvy. He always has no kind word when I stay up late and work up early the next day. Yes, he would rather I sleep to my fill.

"You are always sleep-deficit! How can you have slept enough?" He reprimands me. I don't wanna argue with him coz I know he has my welfare at heart. No matter the upmteen times I've told him I'm a night person and hate waking up early in the morning, I'll sleep when my bio-clock tells me so, etc etc, he can never comprehend. *Sigh*......

Anyway, I digress, a fair bit.

I am still harbouring the thought, not gonna give it up just coz my gal friends aren't for it. I do know I may find retirement a bore after a while coz ultimately I am a person who strives for adventures. Of course I won't jump on the wagon without a plan on hand. Can't imagine being a tai tai after retirement. Of course I would want to enjoy that for a fair bit :). Go shopping, at high-end shops and boutiques, go for high-tea when my legs are about to give way. Sipping my earl grey tea (argrrgh....I hate earl grey ;<), looking at life passing by. Ha, so siok :P. No?

What else can I do? Hmm......guess I really need to go and plan a bit, before I jump on the wagon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

如果你在经济上、生活上和心理上都已经做好准备,现在退休是绝对可以的。

不必工作的日子是轻松的,但也是孤独寂寞的,除非你已经安排了充实的生活。独行侠或许能我行我素、独来独往一阵子,但终究还是一个人。只有付出与分享才是生活的根源。

或许你可以试试申请一年的无薪假期,尝试过过退休后的生活,看看能不能熬得过去。熬得过的话,你就可以正式宣布退休咯!