Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I am 16...

....going on 17.........I know I am naive..... -- Sound of Music --

How I wish I can say that again. Oh alright, am 37 going on 38. OMG, 38. Should I say scary? I really cannot imagine when I hit the BIG 4--0 in a couple of years time.

When I was much younger and innocent (*ahem), I simply could not wait for my 21st birthday. When it finally came, it was just fantastic coz leagally, I'm an adult. Ha....so, soon after, 22nd, 23rd came so fast that I could bargain for. So much so that I wish time can slow down.

I know, ageing with grace is a must now. And, as you grow a year older, you also turn wiser and mellower, hopefully. Everyday when I look at myself in the mirror, I really like what I am seeing. Yours truly looks so much presentable and more pleasing to the eyes :). Should I say with more sophistication? Yes, would like to believe so. And, yes, beauty never comes cheap or easy. You cannot imagine the regime, day and night, hot and cold, you have to adhere. Well, nothing ventures nothing gains. Yes? No?

I am always a happy-go-lucky gal, and definitely a staunch believer of kismet/fate. I, for one, do not believe that you can change or test fate. Your life has been destined upon birth and it is up to you how to live it to the fullest, for worse or for better. I choose to live it happily and adventuoursly. Happily coz I love the warm fuzzy feeling of joy and happiness. Adventurously coz you only live once, so no room for regret. None at all, to be precise.

So, at this point of time, I have crossed half of my life. Yes, there is no regret or whatsoever, and I do not see why I should have any. I try not to dwell on the uncertainty which may lie ahead of me. Come what may, it will be....que sera sera.....

1 comment:

Eve said...

oh, happy birthday to u!