Thursday, August 09, 2007

Will You Dare to Find New Ways?

One people, one nation, one Singapore
That's the way that we'll be, forever more
Every creed and every race
Has its role and has its place
One people, one nation, one Singapore

Today is the time of the year when we sing our hearts out, belting out the lyrics of those national songs爱国歌, with gusto and pride. And, I see no reason why we shouldn't do so.

This tiny red dot, smacks somewhere in that world globe of yours, has come a long long way, and has achieved so much that her people are all well taken care of. We may be well pampered, we have lots of complaints (yes, I know, Singaporeans are complaint kings and queens), know nought of social grace and road courtesy, love to queue especially the queue is for food (haha), never miss out a sale, super kiasu and whatever nought you name it. But that's what make us so special and unique.

We have an efficient government (I know I know, you guys may not agree with me and gonna protest) but we really cannot find fault with the current government. They make sure all of us have affordable roof over our head, a retirement egg nest, enjoy the harvest the government reaps, have the ability to work beyond retirement and be prepared at all times against terroism. So, what's so bad about it?

There will always be people out there sniggering at us being 乖乖仔, no freedom of speech (is that so?), the ruling PAP is our nanny, but who cares? Well, I do lah, especailly if it gets on my nerve. But I must pity those smart alecks coz they never enjoy what we are enjoying. Aiyah, I think they never know. They never will.

Like what PM Lee has said in his National Day speech, "Singapore's changing...and I'd like Singaporeans to see it." Yes, I do like what I am seeing and we defnitely will completely transform.

Happy Birthday Singapore, and for more good years ahead :)! Yeah!

No comments: