Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Soccer Mania Continues

World Cup 2006 is into the quarter qualifying rounds, and so far, Germany, Argentina, England, Portugal, Italy and Ukraine are in. I am expecting the last 2 teams to be Brazil and Spain, unless the Spanish team decides to give an early Christmas gift to France. It is sad that Michael Owen from England, had to make an early exit, due to an injury, but I guess he didn't lose much. Lots of pressure on the English team and even their captain, Beckham is feeling the heat. Poor guys.

You may think that I have been sacrificing my beauty sleep to see the ball rolling. Sorry to disappoint, I have yet to watch a full match at all. With a Significant Other so ardent with the game, it is not easy not to know anything about World Cup 2006. Life would be so montonous if I choose to ignore him. Have been gallivanting on thy self for the past few weekends, short of painting the town red. Pretty liberating, I must say.

2 more weeks to go before the world champion will be named, and am counting down. Nope, not excited lah, I just want my Significant Other to get his life back. He is a sucker for disciplined lifestyle, and his sleeping hours have gone haywire since the world cup. Poor thing......

If you are not into the big F game, you will never comprehend all these madness. No matter what, it is here to stay, whether you like it or not. Thank god, it is a 4-year event.

3 comments:

Eve said...

I place my bet on Argentina.

Anonymous said...

I place my bet on Spain...

christina said...

Sorry JJ, the Spainsh team is making an early exit....

Hmm....Argentina is good this year, Brazil is still good, u can't deny that, and Germany is on home grounds so they have an added advantage. Difficult to bet......