Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Spate of Quarrels

I may be notorious for my short-temper among my close friends, but am also famous for my loyalty and sincerity. If you are my friend, a kosher friend, I will be there for you, through thick and thin. My loyalty will not waver, unless, you forfeited the chance.

Friends, to me, are so precious that I would sacrifice anything for them. Years ago, I was even prepared not to meet my soulmate, but was adamant to keep my friends. Although today we have all settled down, our friendship has never gone with the wind. We grow with one another, and are always there for one another, for good and for bad.

Thus, it really hurts me when we get ourselves tangled in a mass/mess of miscommunication. That's where all hurtful words surfaced, although may not be intentionally. Very sad...indeed.

Why hurtful? Coz we care, coz we value what we have shared for so many years. And coz we care, we value, we expect much more from one another. Do we take one another for granted? Maybe yes, maybe no.

So, how do we clear up the mess? Good question. I realized that as we grow older, ego and pride become permanent residents, and they are hard to chase away. Unless we make an effort to clear up the mess we have self-created, the crack may widen, or deepen. Till then, no matter how much plastering we do, it will be to no avail.

Perhaps after a good night sleep, everything will be as good as new, if we do make an effort. Afterall, we cherish what we have.

No comments: