Saturday, January 21, 2006

Getting Hooked Up

Not sure is a good idea or otherwise, we are finally wired at our humble abode. Wireless, to be precise.

All these years, we, or rather I, have been advocating less or zilch techie stuff at home. One reason being, you will tend to bring work home, and that is bad. How on earth can you relax and de-stress if you cannot demarcate work and leisure or even play? Another reason is with so much to do with cyberway, how do you rest, for a second? If I get engross in a subject, especially if it is a new stuff/hobby, there is no way to pull me away. I can even sacrifice my beauty sleep. Serious, although I am trying all measures to maintain my youth and beauty.

So, right now, with this laptop (frankly, I do not like laptops coz am so familiar with PCs), I can write/blog, surf, do instant messaging, etc, whenever I wish, and need not have to rely on the mercy of the PC at the office. My Significant Other has been pretty excited and he has been exclaiming, "We're in the e-zone now!" However, I have been hogging the laptop, familiarizing, setting familiar comfy identities. Of course, he will not haggle with me coz at this moment, he is much more concerned with Liverpool winning the next 3 games facing 3 big teams (MU, Arsenal and Chelsea) :).

Anyway, I have another toy to play with during the weekend, other than contenting myself with the goggle box. There are still lots of stuff which I have yet to set up coz I am really a handicap without the mouse. It is so weird to use the laptop's so-call "mouse", which mine happens to be a small red rubber dot. It took me hours this afternoon to re-do the settings for our email accounts and the PC. Arrgh, almost tore my hair apart :(.

Guess I need time, no, I think I better go and purchase a mouse tomorrow. That will make my life much easier. Who knows I will be ready and up to do much more tomorrow :).

2 comments:

Eve said...

电脑一开机,其他的事情都不用做了。

christina said...

No doubt about that, and I even worked from home during the long holidays...this is bad :(