Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hair Cut

Had my long hair cut, or rather shaved, short 2 days ago at my hairdresser, Gary.

I asked Gary what I can I do with my hair other than trimming it short and do some highlighting. Perming is out coz I do not want to be called "Auntie" on the road. So, instead of cutting, Gary shaved away all my locks. Actually, it was "thinning" all my locks. No, I was not heart pained. Really want a change for the new year, and I was kinda tired of my straight long hair. The shaving had left me with a shorter hairdo, with uneven ends, and it makes me look "wild", according to my colleagues :).

Gary highlighted my hair as well, without asking me what colour I wanted. Well, he knows me too well, unless I want a major change/makeover. Inititally I wanted a short hairdo, but somehow Gary wasn't buying the idea and he refused to cut it short, which he happily did so 10 years ago. Okay, I could have a short or even boyish hair cut 10 years ago, but not now. Hmm.....perhaps he has seen me morphed over the years, so I guess he prefers me to stay feminie :P. Ha......

Anyway, always like the feeling after a hair cut. Of course, I never pass up the opportunity to ask my Significant Other how he finds my new hairdo. As usual, "It's okay," he replies. Hmm...wonder why I ask but I think we ladies never fail to do this. It is like getting a reaffirmation from the men, although we may not need it at all. Weird, huh?

For all I know, my hair will be long in no time......

2 comments:

Eve said...

Hope that you've removed the hair band, you'll look better.

FT said...

Younger new look but our mindset aslo must be young & look good.