Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Spring Cleaning, The Rain

It had been raining cats and dogs for the past few days and it seems that the pouring ain't gonna stop.

Started the spring cleaning for the coming CNY last Saturday. I'm telling you, thanks to the rain, it was quite relaxing due to the cool weather. Well, I was pretty ambitious to want to finish all the cleaning within a day, but being so meticulous and "petty", some of the chores have to spill over to this weekend. Luckily, we do clean frequently, so the annual spring cleaning ain't that bad.

Many of us would take the spring cleaning as an opportunity to dump whatever stuff they have been hogging over the year. I wonder how many of us would really do that? As human beings, we are so clingy to the material stuff, attach too much emotions. I am sure no exception. However, for the sake of space, I really need to discard lots and lots of stuff. For example, shopping carrier bags. Okay, these shopping carrier bags are evidences to my shopping therapy sessions. Be it big or small or medium, colourful or plain, tasteful or disdain desgins, you name it, I have it. In order to free up more storage space, I had commenced to discard some old ones, and this will definitely not a one-time job.

Anyway, I am glad I had started the spring cleaning early. Can you imagine the coming weekends are loaded with much more itinerary? It seems that almost everything must happen right before CNY, other than the spring cleaning, shopping for the CNY, making/baking the CNY cookies and goodies. For instance, my cute little niece will be celebrating her 1-year-old birthday around this time, and my Significant Other's father is joining the race to celebrate his as well. I really wish I can clone myself to be able to accomplish all the tasks.

Well, I may be complaining time is not to my bidding, however, I really enjoy every minute and every second before CNY. I like getting the place ready and done for the new year, with change of flowers arrangement, CNY decorations, etc. Everything smells nice and crisp and new :). Have yet to purchase all the perishables, but my list is getting longer by the second :P. Oh, another task which I really really enjoy doing: getting new currency notes from the bank for the preparation of ang pows. Okay, I will not divulge how much we need to give away each year, although it is increasing every year as there is always a new addition (be it friends or relatives), it is still a joy preparing these ang pows.

Must admit the rain does not dampen my festive spirits at all. In fact, I was out the last of couple of days, running all the errands, battling with the cold falling rain. I even managed a trip down to Chinatown's CNY bazaar, although it was pretty awkward and tedious, having to hold on to the umbrella, and trying to free my hand to look at all the goodies. Never mind, will be coming back again, for the next couple of weeks before the CNY. Hopefully, the weather will permit a sunny sight, for all of our sakes.

So, may luck be with us :).

No comments: