Friday, December 09, 2005

Festive Moods

I do not know about you, but with Christmas and Chinese New Year round the corner, boy, am I excited.

No, I do not celebrate Christmas but the festive moods will get to you. In addition, my sister being so "ang moh", will have Christmas dinner and presents for the kids. So there's no way I cannot afford not to be in the mood. The only tedious chore will be getting gifts, for the kids. Er, I like receiving gifts, but if you ask me to go shopping and prepare the Christmas presents, god, it is a TORTURE. I'll end up buying clothes, and more clothes. Really have no inkling of those myraid of toys available.

Whether you are celebrating or not, a trip down Orchard Road is definitely and positively a MUST, especially at night. I like the christmas-sy decorations. So glittering and christmas-sy. Hey, you can't get this anywhere else, not even my favourite HK. Spent the Christmas there 5 years ago, and you really forgot it's Christmas coz there's nothing to remind you it's Christmas!

Anyway, I digress. 2 more weeks to Christmas, so you can imagine, more storewide-kind-of-sales will be on, especially this weekend, midnight shopping somemore, at my favourite shopping centre somemore! Right, this is good and bad. Good if you have yet to do your Christmas shopping. Bad for me coz I had promised myself not to spend another nickle for this month :(. This is really cruel. Hmm......okay, I must control, I must be disciplined, I shall not yield to temptations, I shall shred all my credit cards, I.........God helps me....

Well, it is TGIF, so I am not gonna let this dampen my delirious spirit :). I shall try to be good, so maybe a small reward will not be overboard? :p

14 Dec 2005 p/s: Just found out last night, you can take the Hippo Bus from Orchard to enjoy a ride down Orchard Road. You will be able to enjoy the light-up more thoroughly :).

No comments: