Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

"Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect." -- Oren Arnold

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and my, where did all the time go to?

Have had the joy of receiving Christmas gifts from my brothers-in-law and sisters-in law. Am embarassed to admit, I did not buy anything to give them at all. Did ask my Significant Other should we buy something to return the gesture? As usual, his answer is no and not necessary. Men :(. I feel kinda bad, but I console myself that I always give presents to them even though it's not Christmas, so it should be alright. Right?

Anyway, can't imagine going to town to do last minute shopping. Most of the malls are offering late night shopping for the last 2 weekends and according to reviews, the late night shopping attracts lots of turnout. Well, I guess people are always eager for novelty and in addition, they are taking advantage of the late hours to squeeze in as many errands as possible, or maybe, we like last minute shopping. Yeah, this should be the one, last minute scrambling.

Did my shopping weeks ago, but there is one more thing I have yet to do. That is, to buy some food items for the Boys Brigade's Sharity Box 2005. Okay, am gonna give the excuse of busy, but I can't remember what I had done for the last few weekends, and not able to realize this errand. Read the papers yesterday and got to know they are still short of food items and still open for collection, so this shall be my agenda for tomorrow morning.

Christmas, a time to give. Although am not a Christian, the festive moods will rub onto you. You will definitely feel much more happy if you choose to give, may it be a small present, or maybe a smile, or even maybe a call/message to friends and loved ones. Who knows you may brighten up some one's day :).

Merry Christmas :)!

No comments: