Friday, December 30, 2005

Resolution Time

In a couple of days, in fact, even at this very moment while I am typing, you can hear the strungs of Auld Lang Syne being played. And that means, it is the time of the year when resolution(s) will be and to be made.

Looking back, life has treated me wonderfully, even though up to this point, I am still buried under tonnes of work. Well, that's part and parcel of life, nothing to complain. Yes, I am a happy-go-lucky person. Am sanguine and forgiving (ehem...clearing my throat :P) about everything. Life is too short to be so persistent/nit-pick with principles and everything. I think, taking life in your stride will let you realize, that's life. Hmm....something for you to ponder :).

I digressed.

Resolution(s). I have long given up on making any resolution coz (1) I tend to make unreacheable/unrealistic resolutions, (2) repeating the same old resolutions, and (3) getting lazy. However, I do have wishes to fulfill, do that consider as resolutions? Hmm....I wonder. Anyway, it's good to make resolution(s) for the coming new year, at least, you will be more focused in attaining your achievements throughout the year. In addition, life will be more fulfilling and fruitful, rather than passing life aimlessly and impassionately. That will be a waste of time and life, ain't it?

You may slow down your pace today and start reminiscing where did all the time rack up? Have been asking this question, aloud, for the past few days. Did time fly past us without leaving a trace? Or were we too engrossed in our mundane world to notice the imprints of time? Time has not slackened, neither has time hastened. Till this point, when realization has dawned upon us, all of a sudden, we notice, we have had walked past time.

Ageing gracefully would have been a bonus, if you have not, fret not. I believe life would still be worthwhile to look back on. Life, would still hand you serendipity.

Hence, you may or may not be making resolution(s), nevertheless, hope you will embrace the coming new year with hope and great expectations. No doubt, I shall be.

Happy New Year :)!

No comments: